Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings...and a little Paula Deen!

I almost get tears in my eyes knowing how much God has blessed our family!  The things I'm thankful for is too long to list... I hope you all are having as wonderful a day with your families as we are and I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

One thing I'm especially thankful for is that our family has plenty of food on the table and in our tummies.  I suddenly got the urge to try something new yesterday (at 4:00 pm) and braved a trip to our local grocery store for a few last minute items... to include ingredients for a cheesecake.

Well, I learned that it was really quite easy to make, thanks to a Paula Deen recipe, which has now become a family tradition and now a VERY dangerous thing!  I have to admit I'm pretty proud of myself as it was the first cheesecake I've EVER made!  I always thought it would be so much more difficult and I was afraid of failure (crazy, huh?!)  But I love Paula Deen and thought... I CAN DO THIS!

It turned out fabulously and I'm worried that I've created a monster inside of me as I contemplate what flavor I'm going to try my hand at next.  Strawberry?  Chocolate mocha?  ....mmmmm


Here's the link to the recipe if you feel like making a scrumptious piece of heaven.  I followed the recipe to a 'T'... but it still cracked a bit on top (a bit overcooked, but you'd never know when you take a bite!).  I hear that cooking a cheesecake in a water bath makes it less likely to do this.  I'll try it next time and share my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin