Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day Rememberance - You Can Give Back!

Veterans Day 2007 poster from the United State...Image via Wikipedia

This is a solomn Veteran's day for many Americans. We have had such a tragic week with those brave soldiers and civilians from Ft. Hood senselessly gunned down. And there are now over 5,000 heros who have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom since the start of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts... and more that have gone before them. Having served in the Air Force for over 7 years, and as a military spouse, I can relate to some of the other sacrifices that many, many people make in order for the US to maintain our freedoms and help spread those same freedoms around the world.

The other day I commented at how loud the fighter jets were over our house and my husband proudly stated that's the sound of FREEDOM! Now, every time I hear a jet... I think of what he said feeling so blessed. My two older boys know to take their hats off during retreat and place their hands over their hearts as the National Anthem plays every day on base at 4:30pm and my 2 year old is quickly learning. And I'm proud that they are learning at an early age to respect the symbols that represent such a great nation.

I thank everyone who has served this country. It's a great time for us to unite, remember and support those who continue to serve at home and abroad.

As a special tribute, for the next week, I am offering a 15% discount to all my customers who are veterans, are spouses or immediate family members of veterans, or are currently serving in the US military (active, guard or reserve). The remainder of my sales commission will be donated to the Fisher House Foundation. The foundation donates "comfort homes", built on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at one of the most stressful times -- during the hospitalization of an unexpected illness, disease or injury.

You can feel good that your purchase is going to an A+ rated charity while also getting a great discount on products to preserve your family's most cherished memories, or for creating cards that will bring a smile to any face.

In order for me to give you your discount and make a donation, please shop online from my website http://scrapbooking.myctmh.com and then email or call me with your order! My contact info is on my website.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin