Really quick, I can't believe the response I got from my Saltine Cracker Candy post!!! Thank you everyone for your new ideas and it makes me warm and happy knowing how much you loved this recipe, too. One of Jim's co-workers actually won a Christmas Cookie contest with it!
Here are a few additional ideas I received... can you see which one I implemented above?
- Toasted coconut or heath bits sprinkled on top
- Instead of saltines, use graham crackers!
- Sprinkle bacon?! Oh, blessed YUM!
- What about chocolate and say, a tiny bit of spice-cayenne? Jalapeño juice? Like put cayenne in with the chocolate chips and stir and then out on top. Same with the juice-just put a tiny in the bowl and mix and then put on as usual.
- Add a drop of orange oil to the chocolate and mix in orange rind sprinkled on top!
My friend, Elizabeth, and I really started getting creative once we got going! LOL! Thanks, sweet friend for amping up this recipe and making it OVER THE TOP in so many new ways!
Also, I tried this really simple treat yesterday... eehhem... the photographic sample shown here was quickly ingested by the photographer (moi) with absolutely no guilt! It spoke to me.
|Chocolate peppermint marshmallow|
The Baxter Family