Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Making Paper Roses - Technique-N-Tool Tuesday

I am totally inspired by Bren Yule's Extravaganza Class at Convention and can't get her flowers off my mind!  What a very special and talented lady!  I just wanted to share something she gave me as a Thank You gift for helping out with Extravaganza this year along with my own inspired card that I will teach to my club members next month. 

Inside she carefully wrapped this matching heart link for me!

My dear club members here in Vegas will get a chance to do some hands-on paper flowers over the course of the next few months as I sprinkle them here and there.  In August, they will get to make this card with the paper rose and Zippidee paper!  (Thanks Bren for teaching me)



Here's a step-by-step of how to make a paper rose.

Step1:  Start with a 3.5" x 3.5" (or any square) piece of patterened paper (I used Bella Paper for my example).

Step 2:  Hand tear a circle from your square.


Step 3: Starting on the outside edge, tear a spiral around to the center of the circle.


Step 4:  Starting on the outside, start rolling the paper as shown... it won't look like much of a rose to begin with.



Step 5:  Loosen the spiral and start to 'crunch down' or flatten the outside edges of the rose as desired.




Step 6:  Once you have the rose shape you are looking for, then use Liquid Glass to hold the rose together and then to the mat paper you wish to mount it to.  Add some hand-made leaves and you've got a paper rose!


If you're in the Vegas area and want to join me, the T-N-T card class will be on Thursday, August 12th at 6:30pm for only $5.  I will be teaching 2 techniques and we'll be making 3-4 cards that night!  Please RSVP to my at my email stamphearts@yahoo.com by Monday, August 9th.  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. this is a really super cool technique! i am going to definitely try this asap :) one question though - do you need to use any adhesive to keep the rose together before you glue it to the mat paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I used Liquid glass to help hold the flower together toward the bottom. You'll want to hold it together a minute for it to hold. Then, I used just a little puddle of LG again on the mat paper and again hold down for a minute to help it stick. The more liquid glass, the longer it will take to dry, so experiment a little! Would love to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT Teri!

    I have been working on some myself...I too was inspired by Bren at Convention...I guess, I will go play tomorrow...I am feeling the "bug"!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin