Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Embossing Elegance

Every month I host a card making night with some great women who like me, have made the time to carve a couple of hours out of their busy schedules for some crafting fun and girl time! This past week, I taught embossing (the fancy kind) and here are a couple of the cards we created. I'll attempt a tutorial sometime later this week, so please stay tuned.





I hope you all had a Happy Father's Day. I know that while ours was fun and the kids enjoyed Kings Dominion today with daddy, we are dearly missing Jim's dad who passed away earlier this year. He was a great man who left a huge hole in our family... what an amazing legacy he left. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been his daughter-in-law and had 12 years of wonderful memories with that man. This is the last photo I took of him with our youngest last summer. We were loading into the car on our move to Virginia and I realized I didn't have a good recent picture of him with his youngest grandson. I could tell he was a little annoyed that I wanted a picture of him in his jammies, but I'm so glad we captured that moment. I hope that those of you who are missing a loved Dad today will be remembering the fond memories you had with him. Many Blessings!





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Very nice embossed cards. The gold and silver always creates such an elegant look

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin