Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend! Sparkles Card

I just can't help myself... I'm in the blogging mood and still on a high after my trip to California! Here's a fun card I created for the card contest at our Leadership Conference. I didn't win, but I don't care because I had so much fun thinking outside of the box... which is a rare thing for me. I tend to 'scrap and stamplift' all my ideas!
So, here's to some girly bling! Diamonds are a girl's best friend, right? So what better way to spoil your best friend with some clear sparkles diamonds on her next card.

The buckle is created using our square metal tags. I cut two slits in the center to thread my black grosgrain ribbon and then built the clear sparkles around the edges of the tag to make an entirely new embellishment.

The Cake was embossed with black embossing powder and topped with a Just Blooms flower and another clear sparkle. I also used White Daisy textured cardstock to make it a little more fancy, along with the rub on design you see to the left of the page!



Sign up for Studio J email announcements at www.studioj.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin