Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Father's Love Layout - Dyeing Paper Flowers!

I am sooo in love with our new Spring Blossoms (Just Blooms Paper Flowers), but I needed some boy/manly colors to go with my layout. It's always a challenge to do something manly with flowers, but I was determined to incorporate them into one of my scrapbook pages. So you can see above that I actually dyed a few of the (normally white) flowers blue. Keep reading for the quick lesson below!


Two page layout of my husband with his sons.

Left side
Right side
Of course I keep using my Felicity Collection papers (hurry, while supplies last!).

TECHNIQUE: Dyeing paper flowers is so much easier than you think! All you need is a little reinker & paper flowers. I used a small glass votive holder and added about 2-3 big drops of water with 2 drops of Twilight reinker. Then, I used my tweezers to dip the paper flowers into the mixture allowing it to soak up. I used a page protector to lay the flowers on to dry for about an hour (or less). For a softer look, you can even use your water brush to get the same effect.
TIP
: Also, just a quick note about tweezers... the kind you have DO matter when it comes to paper crafting. You want some that are reverse action like what CTMH carries! What that means is that when you want to pick up an item, you squeeze. When you want it to hold, you can let go! It makes a huge difference when you are working on small embellishments, want to heat emboss, etc. For anyone with carpal tunnel or arthritis, it really saves your hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin