Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Felicity Scrapbook Layout

It's been so long since I've just created with the use of any of my 'how to' books, Cherish, Imagine, or Reflections. This is my own creation using the Felicity Collection to recall our last day at Jim's Dad's house (he passed away almost a year ago). The papers were perfect for conveying the spirit of the day - it was kind of a gloomy day in general, so the Gray Wool, Cocoa & Twilight were a perfect combination.
I used a CTMH font to create the title and complete all of my journaling. I'm loving having my printer & desk in the same room as all of my scrap supplies. I think I'll be computer journaling more!
I added hidden journaling behind each of the boy's pictures and attached twill ribbon with a big brad for the boys to pull them out one day & read how they are like their Grandpa B. I also used bitty brads for the center of the big cocoa snowflake embellishments I stamped on Textured CS.

Not all scrapbooking has to be happy memories. I think this is the first one I've created that brought out some sad emotions as I made this, but I discovered it to be a really theraputic experience. I hope that if you should have a memory that might be painful to remember, you give yourself permission to consider scrapbooking it as a form of recovery one day when the mood strikes you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin